I got some wonderful watercolor printed fabrics for Christmas earlier this year. I later added some orange, yellow, & brown to the stash. They have been sitting, waiting on the right pattern. I finally found one a while back so I started cutting these up late last week. I only have about half of the strips cut up for squares. Out of the cut strips, I put about 10 of them together Sat night to see what they would look like.
This is the end result:
I really like the way they turned out. 2 contrasting strips are put together to make 2 squares. So every square has an opposite mate. I am hoping that the abundance of fabric and the pairings of them I made will allow for a lot of different color combinations. There are a lot more colors. Blues, greens, purples, etc…I will post some more pictures when I get some different colored ones sewn together.
The colors are very rich looking in person. The cooler blues & greens with the warm yellows & oranges look really neat in person.
These are small squares. Only 6″ when finished. I don’t remember my chicken scratch math but I believe I have enough fabric/strips/future squares to potentially make a king size quilt out of these prints.
This one will be in progress for a while. These 10 little squares took me an hour or two to sew up. This is definately a sew and press project. You have to press the middle section before you can sew on the outside strips. Time consuming. I don’t think CSI on the tv helps much either!