FINALLY got my Marshall fabric in today and I LOVE it. I got it all washed and ironed and sat down tonight and cut out all of my pieces that I need from the templates that I made. I laid them all out on the floor to get an idea of what the M would look like and how big it will be.
Behold the 46″ wide M:
Doesn’t it look awesome! I can’t wait to start sewing it all together.It will end up being a bit smaller since all of my pieces have a quarter inch seam allowance (they are laid out end to end right now). I just hope I figured my seam allowances correctly for all of the triangular pieces. I have yet to venture to triangles (squares are a comfort) so we’ll see how it goes.
The M will be surrounded by a 5″ border of White to balance out the size. Then there will be either a small 1.5″ border of black or green to finish it off. Not sure what the back will be yet.
On a side note, I have been working on the spongebob quilt. Ordered some more squares and got those in yesterday. As soon as I get some more white for the sashing I can start piecing my squares together.
I also got a couple more 9 patch blocks done last night. I think those are going into the bin until I get my M done. It is a more interesting project to me than putting together 500 random squares!